OFC iPod/iPad/iPhone/MP3 to Bang & Olufsen cable
This product is a high quality audiophile cable to allow you to connect your iPod, iPad, iPhone or MP3 player (or any audio device with a 3.5mm headphone/line output socket) into your Bang and Olufsen hifi system using the “Tape” or “Aux In” socket. This will fit almost all B&O systems manufactured since the 1970’s – if you are in any doubt, please ask!
* Screened Pure-Crystal Oxygen-Free Copper cable with Royal Blue sheath
* Signal conductors (x 2): 7 x 0.2mm PC-OFC copper
* Screening conductor: 16 x 0.12mm PC-OFC copper
* Shielding: Foil screen to reduce interference
* Neutrik/Rean metal-bodied 5-pin DIN plug with gold plated pins
* Digital 24 carat Gold-Plated metal-bodied 3.5mm stereo jack plug
For best results, you will normally need to set the volume control on your MP3 player near to maximum when it is connected to a home audio system. This is due to the low signal level produced by portable music players.
Our five pin DIN cables will fit and work perfectly in the seven pin DIN Aux sockets on newer B&O systems. The extra two pins are only used for remote control data to other B&O products, so they are spare in this application. Using five pin DIN plugs allows the cables to also fit pre-1986 B&O products, which used five pin DIN sockets.